Wednesday, September 17, 2003

While surfing, I came upon this: Poppy Z. Brite's LiveJournal. I find it definitely cool that a popular writer like her has time to write in a personal livejournal.

Ever watch The Actor's Studio? A bunch of acting students get to sit and talk to a famous actor and ask him/her about their acting experiences and methodologies and practices. As someone who likes to read and write, reading a weblog or livejournal from a known author is like The Actor's Studio for me. I get to see what they write about, and actually look at their writing style-- all the way to the grammar and punctuation and semantics. Not that I am dissecting their words and meaning, but seeing it all together is like seeing a work of art. Break it down and see if I can learn anything new, too.

I wonder if Anne Rice has a blog or livejournal?

No comments: