Sunday, September 14, 2003

Remembering

Yesterday, while watching TV, I came upon a newshow that replayed footage of commemoration ceremonies of September 11th. It still shocks me to this day when I see old footage of that fateful day... of planes crashing, of people falling, and of towers burning and crumbling. I still cry when I think about it too much. And even seeing just commemoration ceremonies was too much. I sat in my living room and started crying all over again.

I still ask, "How can someone do this to my country? How can someone's blind faith see death and murder as a good thing?" I never felt so much hate, anger, and pain in one day.

It is still hard to even express my emotions. It has been two years since that day, but not a day goes by when I don't think about the world we live in now. I love my country even more for pulling together, for finding strength with their fellow Americans, and I know that we'll get through this together.

That which doesn't kill our American spirit will only make the American dream that much stronger.

No comments: