Sunday, December 08, 2002

Sundays and Mondays

These are the worst days in a teacher’s week. I don’t like Sundays because I’m anxious and constantly thinking about Mondays. Every single day is a performance, and I’m nervous right before I teach. Sundays are the worst because I’m thinking of the entire week before anything has even really happened. I don’t like Mondays because it’s the first day of the week. It feels like I’m being forcefully dragged out of my weekend to endure another 12-hour workday. Then there are long lines at the copy machines and department meetings at lunch, where I can’t even eat lunch properly...

Countdown to the Christmas break: 10 more days. FEBRUARY—COME ALREADY!!!!

Incentives for the week:
a) ex-roommate’s company Christmas party (it’s just a friend-date)
b) doctor’s appointment (I’m so desperate to leave campus that I’ll use any excuse)
c) Toad the Wet Sprocket concert! (Friday can’t get any better than this)
d) a friend’s housewarming/holiday party (holiday festivities at last!)

No comments: