Sunday, December 08, 2002

Random Thoughts on a Sunday
So I Won’t Think… At All

On teaching
· I hate Mondays
· I’m doing a shitty job with my ninth graders
· What am I going to do when I stop teaching?
· I’m not worried about the teaching job in Japan
· I got ¾ of the things done on my “things to do” list today, so I feel I did accomplish something
· I still feel guilty because I’m typing up my blog when I could be doing some work (but that’s the story of my life)

On sports
· Football fanaticism is a dangerous hobby
· I never used to pay attention to sports until I started seeing someone who’s a sports fanatic
· I miss a certain someone right now, but he’s probably in jail if he was in that scuffle at the stadium (Chargers vs. Raiders)
· I don’t care who won or lost that game, yet for some odd reason, my students think I’m a Raiders fan
· ATTENTION: I’m not a Raiders fan. I’m not a Chargers fan. I’m not a football fan. I just like to look at scores.
· Baseball is the only sport that even comes close to grabbing my attention

Sunday/Monday songs…
· “Sunday Morning” by No Doubt
· “Everyday is Like Sunday” by Morrissey
· “Blue Monday” by New Order

Random stuff
· Hallmark commercials are too long and cheesy
· Nothing feels like the holidays yet
· Tchaikovsky’s “The Nutcracker Suite” is the perennial Christmas carol
· Cheerios sounds good right about now
· I’m planning to visit my sister in Massachusetts if I don’t teach next semester
· It’s 11pm, and I could be enjoying sleep, but my mind is not relaxed, ergo, I am typing my blog and feeling guilty about not doing actual work (but that’s a vicious cycle)
· I could turn these random thoughts in to poetry if I really put my mind to it
· My poetry sucks
· Good night



No comments: