Thursday, December 05, 2002

One of Those Girls

One of my sophomore girls had an inappropriate outfit today: tight low rise jeans, black V-neck sleeveless shirt that, of course, shows her mid-riff, and wooden clog sandals with two-inch heels. I didn’t say anything. Like I said, experience is a greater teacher. She came back to my class after school, and she stumbled and nearly fell on her face as she walked through the door. She smiled with embarrassment and said, “That’s the second time today. But, oh my gosh, I fell down the stairs at lunch. I totally fell on my face, and it’s because of these shoes.”

“Maybe you shouldn’t be wearing those shoes,” I said. “They’re not functional.”

“But, Ms. G., these shoes look cute with this outfit. I tried my sneakers first, but it didn’t look right.”

“Black boots would look fine, too—and you wouldn't risk your face.”

"Ms. G...." she smiled.

In one ear, out the other. Will she wear that outfit again? I am sure she will.


And another sophomore girl, right after class, approaches her object of affection (she’s so obvious), and totally makes out in front of everyone as they walk out of the room. Unfortunately, I was talking to another student when I glanced upon the couple. Is she a slut in the making? I am sure she is.


No comments: