Wednesday, October 02, 2002

Pick-Me-Ups
Self-inspiration

Incentive for the week: shopping (DONE).

You know how I said that I was the “I-need-a-(fill in the blank)-so-I’m-going-to-go-hunt” kind of shopper? Well, I finally went shopping. I got the dress that called out to me, and I got a few other necessary items as well. But as I stopped at Lerner New York, the “I-think-I-like-this-so-I’m-going-to-buy-it” shopper came out of me. Of course, a discount coupon played an important role in this decision. At least I know I got something I liked, and I got it for cheap. The bargain hunter in me is honing its skill. I am a true woman.

Another incentive for the week: party (so I can forget this week)

My friends’ wedding is coming up. I live for weekends now. Social life is slowly making a revival, and I'm feeling good. Saturdays are for partying. Sundays are for grading and lesson planning. Whoopee. Time management skills arise from their slumber.

Permanent incentive: sleep

I should be doing that now.

No comments: