Sunday, October 20, 2002

Paralysis

I like to be in a state of paralysis on Sundays. I would like just ONE day out of the week where I don’t do anything at all. That hasn’t happened yet. My work is littered throughout the day; do a little here, do a little there, etc.

Music is the only thing that can keep me from doing anything. I woke up this morning at 9:15am with a strategy on how to attack my day without wasting time as well as putting aside some time for myself. It all failed. I put on Kent’s new album in my walkman and I lay in bed for another three hours—the most relaxing three hours in my entire month so far (but I was still huddled in my bed in a fetal position).

Now I must go to the library and continue with my planned strategy. If I can get my work done, I can still have the evening to myself. Maybe I'll shop, maybe I'll wander the streets with an overflowing stream of consciousness, or maybe I'll turn in early tonight… in a state of paralysis… with Kent.

Music soothes the savage beast. In my case, the stressed-out beast within.

No comments: