Wednesday, November 26, 2003

I shake my head with disappointment. Another actor vying for the presidency? Did they not learn with Estrada? Not only that, the same political party that supported the corrupt Estrada is going to support Poe. I see my native country going into further ruin.

I'm so irked with disgust at reading the article. The Filipino people think voting is like a prom queen contest, going for the most popular rather than voting for the benefit of the country. Filipino citizens, what will an actor with no political history whatsoever--nothing, nada, zilch-- bring to the Philippines? What will he contribute besides showing off his face to garner more votes? I keep seeing Estrada slowly creeping back into the picture, working the puppet strings, being an "advisor," hoping for more money to house his prostitutes.

God, I hope President Arroyo wins another term.

Come on, Filipinos! Think of your country.

No comments: