Friday, February 07, 2003

I subbed again today. Given it was a Friday afternoon, the kids were very squirrely. They pushed my buttons but I was lenient... until one of the students drew phallic pictures on the white board. I drew the line and started writing up referrals to the assistant principals and started holding students after class. Their regular teacher called me after school was over, and we laughed and discussed the penalties for these students. When I handed the referrals to the AP's secretary, she nonchalantly shook her head as she read the names off. They were familiar to her, and she knew that I wasn't over-reacting by handing out referrals to these students.

During the day, I bumped into more of my former students, and they complained about the grades I had given them for the last semester. When one of the teachers who inherited my kids approached me about parents calling her regarding first semester grades, it raised some flags in my head. I think I may have bubbled the incorrect grades for one class of students. I'll have to go back in on Monday to see the roster of grades for my former classes.

Ugh... I have to look over grades and make parent phone calls again. >_<

*august23 pounds her head on the keyboard*

No comments: