Monday, January 06, 2003

Those Few Golden Moments

I went back to work today. It was hard to get out of bed. When the kids saw me in class, they told me they thought they were getting the new teacher today. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. On a negative note: the slut is still in my class. I already knew that she was denied transfer before we went on the holiday break, but I had to laugh at her predicament. She was rejected from the so-called "School of Rejects." That's like hell rejecting their own devil. On a positive note, her object of desire transferred out today. I support him because this would be a good move for him. He seemed happier about it and I really wish him well. Another postive note: 90% of the students completed a rough draft of an essay that they were supposed to do during the holiday break, which really surprised me because always half of the class never do their homework.

Remember when I said, "That one student who smiled at me is worth more than a class full of A students"? It appears that I'm getting my cake and eating it too: my depressed student is suddenly happy and my other students are actually doing work! Can life can any better?

*august23 does her happy little dance*

Nah... I shouldn't jinx it. I could get into another car accident.

Positive thought: three more weeks till the end of the semester (but only two weeks of actual instruction, and one week of partying).

No comments: