Wednesday, January 08, 2003

Genius At Work
august23's Ego-trip

I am a genius. I’m not a genius by Mensa standards, but when it comes to lesson planning, the Goddess of R&R is my muse. For some odd reason, I had this great idea of teaching poetry to my students, yet I’m not big into poetry. I don’t know how this brainstorm came about, but my laziness to teach on certain days can be an inspiration. Tonight's lesson plan only took me twenty minutes to complete.

Good notes: one of my students expressed to her mother how much she really liked me and how sad the class is because I will be leaving for Japan. It was flattering. Her mother, who's hearing good things about me from her daughter, is very disappointed that I would be leaving because her daughter is suddenly getting into English. I guess it's because of me. That's also flattering. Then I discover that her mother is on the school board.

*the wheels in august23's head are turning*

I could make a very powerful connection before I leave for Japan. (hehehehe)

No comments: