Monday, January 27, 2003

I’m not a football fan. I don’t even like football, but on Super Bowl Sunday, I found myself planted in front of the television while grading essays. I’ve never watched Super Bowl before, but since I was recording the game for Mr. Fun and Friendly-Male Chauvanist-Sports Fanatic while he’s away at sea, I ended up watching it.

I can understand why guys act the way they do when they watch sports—loud and obnoxious as they root for their team, putting down other fans who support the other team… you know, football fans. I found myself doing the same thing as I watched the last quarter of the game.

*august23 in front of the TV with essays sprawled around her*

“NO! Intercepted again!? Ugh! Get him!! Get him!!”

I guess you can tell who I was rooting for, but it was all a bias favor because I know nothing of football to even claim loyalty to a team. I was only cheering the Raiders on because Mr. Male-Chauvanist wasn’t here to cheer them on himself.

It was just a passing moment. Really.

No comments: