Monday, October 07, 2002

Detour

When I started this blog, I wanted to reveal myself creatively, openly, and happily. My recent entries have been anything but. My last entry has been an eye opener, and now a few of my colleagues know about my sentiments when they have asked me how I felt about teaching.

This blog has taken a detour somewhere. I don’t know where I lost track of it. They have been full of complaints and nothing else. My life sounds pathetic. I know I can teach and live better than this, but it hasn't been happening. How much stress have I been feeling? Let's see... I lost five pounds, three of my slacks don't fit me anymore, I feel faint while I'm teaching, and I have a cold which I can't take care of properly because I have to go to work where I'm surrounded by students with more germs. I thought working in a medical clinic helped to boost my immune system, but the schools obviously have a different kind of sickly environment which never seems to be the same as clinics. I thought I've seen it all. Anyway, my health is clearly on the line as I continue to work. There I go again... complaining. Excuse me; I need to log off and breathe.


P.S. Where is the “fun” in teaching? If I can’t have fun in my job, do I honestly think that my students will have fun in the class? I’m the worst teacher possible if I stay in a profession where I affect nearly 200 people.

No comments: