Sunday, September 01, 2002

Oh, you lucky readers of my blog. You get a treat today: a second post.

Anyway, I managed to stay awake for most of the day. I went out to do some errands, and oniomania decided to hit me on the way home. I stopped at Borders to find the newest CD by Paul Schwartz, but it was a bit of a disappointment when I heard his CD on the listening station. I like his "Aria" albums the best. As I wandered the store, itching to buy something against my better judgment, I came upon the DVD section. I’m not a DVD collector. I don’t even own a DVD player. It sounds reasonable to start collecting DVDs only when you actually own a DVD player, but I justified my purchase by saying to myself that my parents own a DVD player. They don’t have any DVDs though. I say it’s a match made in heaven.

So, what did I buy? Dario Argento’s "Opera," supposedly one of his goriest films. It was on sale, too, 15% off. At least I’m not an extravagant shopper. I rush home to pop this thing into my parents’ DVD player, and wouldn’t you know it? The damn thing won’t read the disc. I thought maybe that there was some regional coding that I had missed before buying it, but it doesn’t seem to be restricted. I don’t understand why it won’t read the disc. I wonder if Borders will take it back after I opened it. Serves me right for giving into sudden shopping urges. I almost got pissed. Luckily, I found the "Amelie" DVD that my sister lent me. I’m happy again.

No comments: