Saturday, July 19, 2014

Sexiest and Most Flirtatious Exchange Ever.

NEFF
I wish you'd tell me what's engraved on that anklet.

PHYLLIS
Just my name.

NEFF
As for instance?

PHYLLIS
Phyllis.

NEFF
Phyllis. I think I like that.

PHYLLIS
But you're not sure?

NEFF
I'd have to drive it around the block a couple of times.

PHYLLIS
(Standing up again)
Mr. Neff, why don't you drop by tomorrow evening about eight-thirty. He'll be in then.

NEFF
Who?

PHYLLIS
My husband. You were anxious to talk to him weren't you?

NEFF
Sure, only I'm getting over it a little. If you know what I mean.

PHYLLIS
There's a speed limit in this state, Mr. Neff. Forty-five miles an hour.

NEFF
How fast was I going, officer?

PHYLLIS
I'd say about ninety.

NEFF
Suppose you get down off your motorcycle and give me a ticket.

PHYLLIS
Suppose I let you off with a warning this time.

NEFF
Suppose it doesn't take.

PHYLLIS
Suppose I have to whack you over the knuckles.

NEFF
Suppose I bust out crying and put my head on your shoulder.

PHYLLIS
Suppose you try putting it on my husband's shoulder.

NEFF
That tears it.

Double Indemnity (1944)
Screenplay by Billy Wilder and Raymond Chandler
Novel by James M. Cain

No comments: