Sunday, October 16, 2005

My Inner Politician

This past weekend, while attending a party of a dear old friend, I met a fellow blogger, Alfonso. It's nice to meet other people who write blogs; it's like putting a name and face to what is normally just HTML and text. Alfonso likes politics. I normally don't post on politics but that is because I'm not as knowledgable as Alfonso or Derek. If I had any latent politician inside of me, I always felt that I was a Republican. I wouldn't dare mention that in the workplace. The majority of teachers are Democrats. This is why I never explored any political thoughts in depth and repressed any political ideals.

But after talking with Alfonso, and learning about the other parties and political idealogies out there, he says I'm a libertarian, which is an extremity of Republicanism. The only shocking thing about this is: I never thought my politics were very extreme.