Friday, September 03, 2004

Back to School

This week has been full of orientation meetings and seminars. I have been overwhelmed with information, and words cannot describe how excited I am to be starting school. Today's orientation included a campus tour and meetings with the principal. Already, I think I am falling in love with the principal. And when I mean "in love," I mean that I love her philosophy when it comes to learning. This whole day, I was awestruck at her ideas and beliefs. She truly emanates a "tough love" aura-- a woman who totally believes in the heart of things, but also realistic when it comes to education and students, not just test scores.

And this school has a school-wide writing program. Talk about love! This is like finding love and finding out that the person of your dreams is also rich. I swear, if I am still at this school for the next ten years, I (me, august23) will implement a school-wide reading program and start a specialized writing class.

The more I learn about the school and its mission, part of me truly believes that this school is where I belong. It's like that feeling when you know that special someone is the one for the rest of your life. That's how I feel about this school.