Wednesday, August 25, 2004

So Much Junk!

I didn't stay in my new apartment after I moved my stuff up there. I decided to come back home to clean out my old room. I even rearranged the desk. As I reshelve the books, sort the files and papers I've collected, I realized how much junk I've collected over the years. And I don't mean those tiny sentimental souvenirs, but other things. Being a teacher, I never noticed I amassed a large collection of blank notebooks and slips of paper with notes on them.

I went through the desk drawers and I started sifting through the trash and whatnot that's been sitting inside there. I donated one whole box of books and half a box of clothes and purses, and I'm still moving other things up to my new place. The only thing holding me back now is the desk junk on my floor.

But once everything is clean, I'm going to feel a big weight lift off my shoulders. I won't collect shit like that again and let it accumlate in my new apartment. I've learned an important lesson since my return from Japan: less is good.