Sunday, August 15, 2004

Reasons Why I'm Happy To Be Moving Out Soon

  • I can't stand it when my sister is downloading 25-minute anime episodes on a dial-up network.
  • My sister is a drama queen when she's home, and I can't stand her loud "pay-attention-to-me" drama voice... especially when she's watching a DVD and she makes running comments to the air. She demands attention even when no one is there.
  • My mother is too emotional to the point where I can't argue reasonably without her resorting to, "You hurt my feelings" as a way for her to tell me to just shut up and let her have the last point.
  • I can't stand it when my parents are up past midnight watching TV while I'm reading quietly in my room, and then they come in to tell me why I'm not asleep yet. Why aren't they?
  • My mom can't do anything by herself and she needs one of us to accompany her at all times, especially when doing errands.
  • My mother keeps telling me to clean up my room. What's the point of cleaning it when I'm trying to move out?
  • I admit I'm a completely selfish bitch, but I don't demand much except that I be left alone... which in this house, you're made to feel guilty about.
  • My father's growing interest in new age music is starting to grate.
  • That damn Filipino channel is beyond over-the-line fucking annoying.
  • Being holed up with my family is like being forced to endure a painful family vacation.
  • I have no privacy whatsoever.

Don't get me wrong: I like my family, but even my tolerance and patience have their limits. I thought that having one last month would be enough of a vacation, but if I had known staying at home for the last month would be this irritable, I would have made an effort to move out at the beginning of the month. Then I'd be at my new place by the end of the first week of August and would have had three weeks of absolute silence--my idea of a true vacation. Instead, I'm moving out this Friday and will only have about a week and a half of a true vacation before my new job begins.

Regrets are annoying.