Saturday, April 17, 2004

I'm the Blonde One, and I'm All Right With That

Even though I'm a teacher (and generally stereotyped as a smart person), I can be really dumb at times. I admit: my degree and credentials only prove I am adept enough in the classroom, but when it comes to social graces and wit, I can be really clueless. One of my friends fittingly described that only in our inner circle do they actually find my naivete as a source of humor. I'm glad of that. I provide some enjoyment and maybe one day, their gentle rebukes --an oxymoron!-- will sharpen my soft-hearted gullible edges. In the meantime, I'm grateful that I have some friends who just let me be that way and don't point out the fact, nor do they demand, that I should be a smarter person just because of my occupation and academic background.

No comments: