Monday, August 26, 2002

Testing... testing...

Welcome to my blog (what a weird word).

It's my first attempt to re-acclimatize myself into the web community, so please bear with me. When a friend of mine introduced blogs to me, my interest went only as far as reading them. It's an interesting concept: people sharing their lives for the world to read. For a brief moment, I can peer into someone else's head and read what's on their mind, and I traverse with them as they detail the highs-and-lows of their days. You probably think it's pathetic that I have nothing better to do than read the comings-and-goings of total strangers. Maybe. But it's amazing to find how much you have in common with people across the country, even around the world. And contrary to popular belief, there is intelligent lifeform out there. Of course, you have to read the right blogs.

So, here I am. I jumped onto the bandwagon. Not that this guarantees that I'm an intellectual; that's entirely up to you, dear reader. I don't even know how often I'm going to update this site. Whenever the surge of dementia strikes me, I suppose. Not that maintaining a blogsite is difficult, given the easy 1-2-3 steps of eBlogger publishing. Call me a lazy website owner; I just want to get published. As for content, that could easily range from rants to creativity to miscellanea... alas, even that is only a minute percentage of what goes on in my head. Well, whatever makes its way onto this site will make its way onto this site.

My own little space on the web. I think I'm tickled pink. We'll see how long this fancy keeps up.

No comments: